Mitani Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "the Corporation") completely respects the value of information and works hard at all times to manage and protect information appropriately as a social responsibility of a company handling said information. Similarly, the Corporation thoroughly understands the importance and value of personal information and its protection, and has instituted principles for the protection of personal information as described below.
- 1. Definition of Personal Information
- The Corporation defines "personal information" as information capable of identifying an individual, such as a customer's name, address, phone number and email address.
- 2. Scope and Purpose of Using Personal Information
- When it obtains personal information from customers, the Corporation clarifies the purpose and scope of use of personal information in advance, and uses personal information only within this scope. If personal information is to be used beyond the purpose clarified in advance, the Corporation obtains the customer's consent for said use in advance. In some cases the Corporation may transmit to the customer information that the Corporation believes to be advantageous to the customer, by mail, fax, e-mail or telephone.
- 3. Obtaining Method of Personal Information
- The Corporation clarifies the purpose of using personal information in advance, obtains it in appropriate and impartial ways, and uses it only for said purpose.
- 4. Security
- The Corporation protects personal information by appointing at least one person in charge of controlling personal information in every section that deals with personal information. All employees are required to take lectures and training in the handling of personal information.
- 5. Supervision of Contractors
- The Corporation concludes confidentiality agreements with contractors and prevents them from leaking or using customers' personal information.
- 6. Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
- The Corporation never provides personal information to third parties, except in the following cases.
a） When required by regulations or law
b) To protect the vital interests of customers or the public, including lives, health, or properties in danger of encroachment
c) When the customer agrees in advance
- 7. Disclosure and Revision of Registered Information
- To request disclosure, revision, cessation of use or deletion of personal information in the possession of the Corporation, please contact the appropriate office. (Request from an agent is also acceptable)
After identity verification, appropriate action will be taken within a reasonable time period and scope, except where a request for cessation of use or deletion of information cannot be complied with due to the need to uphold related regulations or laws.
- 8. Compliance
- The Corporation continuously reconsiders and revises these policies, and complies with regulations and laws related to protection of customers' personal information.